Argyle by S2 design is a 450m2 extensive renovation and refurbishment of an existing heritage-listed Victorian dwelling.
“Green Insulation, a brand of GI Building Sciences, appealed for the Argyle project because it’s locally manufactured by a family owned company who takes a personal interest in projects and shared S2 designs’ vision of producing sustainable, contemporary architecture that inspires. S2 design chooses to work with GI Building Sciences as they share our vision of sustainability and, with regard to the Argyle project, demonstrated an excitement for working with our company.”
David Saunders, S2 design.
“This extensive restoration project includes alterations and additions to a heritage significant, Victorian dwelling in St Kilda. The dwelling provides a best-practice approach to contemporary design and environmentally aware living. The water, energy, material and landscape qualities demonstrate a sophisticated and sensitive approach to sustainable inner-city architecture.”
- 2014 Houses Awards: House Alteration and Addition over 200 m² – finalist
- 12th City of Port Phillip 2014 Design & Development Awards: Best [single residential]
Contribution to Sustainable Development
- 2014 Houses Awards: Sustainability – commendation
- 2014 BPN Sustainability: Single Dwelling [alterations & additions] – finalist
- Timber Design Awards 2014: Recycled Timber category – finalist
- 2014 BPN Sustainability: Innovation of the Year – finalist